As for chess? Great, Great! I played a lot in simultaneous matches that Marshall held, playing on 12 boards at a time. And I won my match 2 times.
I’ve made enormous progress and I work like a slave. Not that I have any chance of becoming champion of France, but I will have the pleasure of being able to play almost any player, in a year or two.
Naturally this is the part of my life that I enjoy most.
This winter I will be on Marshall’s team (his 8 best players) against the other N.Y. teams. Just as I had already done last winter—but this time I’m hoping to win a few games (which I didn’t then)—I am crazy about it —
Something else—I am about to launch on the market a new form of chess sets, the main features of which are as follows:
The Queen is a combination of a Rook and of a Bishop—The Knight is the same as the one I had in South America. So is the Pawn. The king too.
2nd They will be colored like this.
The white Queen will be light green.
" black " " " dark "
The Rooks will be blue, light and dark.
The Bishops " " yellow, " " "
The Knights red, light and dark.
White King and Black King
White and Black Pawns
Please notice that the Queen in her color is a combination of the Bishop and of the Rook (just as she is in her movements)—
3rd I am going to ask Marshall if I can use his name and call them Marshall’s Chessmen. I will give him 10% of the receipts.
4th They will be made out of cast plaster mixed with glue, which will make them as sturdy as wooden pieces. (Perhaps your stone might be useful; I will send you a set as soon as it’s ready and you can experiment with it if you like)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기